Das portable RAID-System arbeitet ohne Netzstrom.In einem robusten und besonders flachen Gehäuse bieten zwei nebeneinander angeordnete 2,5“ Festplatten ein Gesamtvolumen von 1000 GB bei einer Gerätegröße von 14,9 x 15,7 x 1,8 cm.
Remarkable Performance, Diminutive Package
Speed, reliability, ruggedness, and convenience-these are the essential qualities of a storage system for on-location video capture. When you need to travel light, choose a Sonnet Fusion™ F2 portable SATA RAID storage system. Providing 1TB(1) of storage in a small enclosure, Fusion F2 uses eSATA connections to deliver the fastest performance yet from a 2-drive portable storage system, with data transfer rates up to twice as fast as FireWire. By connecting Fusion F2 through a SATA host adapter like Sonnet’s Tempo SATA Pro ExpressCard/34, your notebook’s FireWire 800 port is left open for use by an AJA Video Systems ioHD, which requires dedicated use of FireWire bandwidth. Fusion F2 is cool, quiet, and energy-efficient: side-by-side placement of its drives increases the metal case’s cooling surface area, thereby eliminating the need for a fan, and allowing it to be bus-powered so it can be used even when no grid power is available.
RAID to Go
Connected to a Sonnet Tempo SATA Pro ExpressCard/34 installed in a MacBook Pro, and with its drives configured as a RAID 0 striped volume, the compact Fusion F2 is capable of up to 190 MB/sec sustained read and write data transfers, fast enough to handle multiple streams of ProRes 422 (HQ)! Compared to the slower 66 MB/sec performance from a pair of drives connected via FireWire 800, the advantage is clear-Fusion F2 provides you the capability to capture and play more streams of compressed video for field editing. With its drives configured as a RAID 1 mirrored volume, Fusion F2 still can capture Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) HD fed from an AJA ioHD. This protected mode also enables you to safely transfer data from Panasonic P2, Sony SxS Pro, or similar memory cards in the field. Verifying captured footage on a MacBook Pro/Fusion F2 system will provide you the peace of mind to erase and reuse cards on location.
Two Data Connections
Fusion F2 features two 3 Gb/sec eSATA data ports. By connecting via a direct SATA II interface with no bridge chip between the F2’s case and SATA II drives, there is no resulting communication slowdown, just the fastest data transfers possible.
Flexible Power Options
Fusion F2 can be powered by your computer through a spare FireWire(3) port using an included FireWire-to-power cable. For longer field work, Fusion F2 is compatible with all models of myPower ALL batteries from Tekkeon at an 8-19V setting. Sonnet recommends model MP3450i, which at a 56 Watt-hour capacity, should provide up to 9 hours of F2 run time. Other power options include another FireWire device, powered hub, or Sonnets optional World Travel Power Adapter.
Fusion F2 employs two 500GB 7200 RPM or 5,400 RPM, 2.5" mobile hard drives that offer an optimal balance between speed, power consumption, and reliability. Sonnet chose these high-performance drives because they offer greater areal density than other mobile hard drives (pack more data per platter), use the 3 Gb/sec SATA interface, and deliver astonishing performance. Simply put, they are the fastest 2.5" mobile hard drives available today. Fusion F2’s drives are also extremely quiet and very rugged, making the Fusion F2 a great travel companion for your mobile studio.
Rugged for a Reason
Fusion F2 was devised as a high-performance, high-reliability alternative to existing portable drive solutions. Encased inside a thick aluminum shell, each of Fusion F2’s drives is individually shock-isolated, not only protecting the drives during transport, but also virtually eliminating cross-coupled vibration-a potential source of soft-error-induced skipped frames.
Fusion F2 is ideal for use on location as well as the office-various operating systems, editing applications and output demands requiring the flexibility and interoperability that Fusion F2 provides. Fusion storage systems support Mac OS X, Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional, and Linux. It is compatible with capture cards from AJA, Blackmagic Design, Matrox, and Bluefish444, and works with all mainstream video editing applications including Apple Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Ultra-Portable-Two 2.5" SATA drives mounted side-by-side inside a 5.9" x 6.2" x 0.72" aluminum case are bus-powered for the ultimate in portability
• Remarkably Fast-With its drives formatted as a RAID 0 volume, Fusion F2 delivers sustained data transfer rates up to 190MB/sec read and write, more than twice as fast as a pair of FireWire 800 drives
• Field Video Certified*With its SATA data interface, Fusion F2 is the perfect storage companion for a portable video capture system that may saturate a notebook’s FireWire bus
• Rugged and Reliable-Both drives are individually shock-isolated, virtually eliminating cross-coupled vibration, which, unchecked, can induce soft errors-a potential source of skipped frames
• Cool and Quiet-Because of its efficient fanless design, if not for the cool blue LEDs, you may not even know that Fusion F2 was running
• RoHS compliant
• Compatible with Sonnet Tempo SATA Pro ExpressCard/34, Tempo SATA E4P, Tempo SATA X4P, and Tempo SATA E2P host controllers
• Platform independent-Works with Mac, Windows(2) or Linux computers with compatible host bus adapter installed
• Part No.: FUS-F2-1000M7 (Fusion F2-1TB, 7200 RPM)
• Warranty: 2-year limited warranty
• External Connectors: Two eSATA, one power
• Data Transfer Speed: Up to 190 MB/s, depending on interface used and configuration
• Supported Video Formats: XDCAM HD, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (HQ), HDV 720p30, HDV 1080i60, DVCPROHD 720p60, DVCPROHD 1080i60, DV50, DV25, 8-bit NTSC, 10-bit NTSC, ProRes 422 HD, ProRes HD (HQ)
• Power Supply: Powered by FireWire port on computer or powered hub(3)
• Operating Temperature: +32û F to 104û F (0û C to +40û C)
• Dimensions: 5.9 x 6.2 x .0.72 (14.9 x 15.7 x 1.8 cm)
• Weight: 0,55 kg
• Package Contents: Disk enclosure with two non-swappable 2.5" hard drives, two eSATA data cables, one power cable, slipcase, one FireWire 800-to-FireWire 400 adapter, User’s Guide