The AXIS 240Q Video Server is designed for surveillance applications. It provides easy integration with traditional analog systems, ensuring a smooth migration toward an IP solution.
The AXIS 240Q digitizes analog video into crisp, real-time Motion JPEG video streams at a maximum frame rate of 6/5 frames per second on each channel independent of resolution.
Combining your analog camera investments with a network video solution gives you a flexible and cost-effective solution with plenty of room for growth. With an open standard interface, the AXIS 240Q supports a large base of existing applications and integrate easily with new ones.
The AXIS 240Q offers advanced event handling with video motion detection, I/O control and alarm notification. Pan/tilt/zoom cameras may be connected to the units serial port and are easily controlled from a user interface. Security features include multiple user access levels with password protection, IP address filtering and HTTPS encryption.
The AXIS 240Q can connect up to four analog cameras and transmit digital video from all four channels simultaneously via an Ethernet connection.
For surveillance installations that require many AXIS 240Q units, the blade version of the video server is available for use with the AXIS Rack Solution.
* High quality Motion JPEG video at 6 (NTSC) or 5 (PAL) frames per second per channel
* Multiple resolutions and compression levels
* Advanced event handling includes built-in video motion detection with multiple ways of notification via e-mail, TCP and HTTP, and video uploading via e-mail, FTP and HTTP
* 4 freely configurable alarm inputs and 4 outputs
* 3 MB pre/post alarm memory per channel
* Support for Pan/Tilt/Zoom devices, uploadable PTZ drivers
* Powerful Application Programming Interface (API) for software integration, including AXIS VAPIX and AXIS Media Control SDK
* Image customization with text, time/date and image overlay
* SNMP (SNMPv1/v2c/v3 MIB-II) support for network management
* Support up to 20 simultaneous viewers
* Wide range of video management software from Axis and its Application Development Partners
* No need for power outlets and electrical cabling using Power over Ethernet products
* AXIS Rack Solution for AXIS 240Q Blade versions